Sunshine has been cleaning airports since 1986 when we began our relationship with the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, a client that remains on our roster today. As this major airport has expanded over the years, so has our breadth of services. In the early days, the airport had two small terminal buildings used by fewer than 8 million passengers. By 2019, the airport hosted more than 36 million passengers. Today, our team, which is nearly 400 strong, takes care of four large terminal buildings, spanning more than 2 million square feet. In addition to cleaning and disinfecting, we provide janitorial, window and pressure cleaning, escalator cleaning, and terrazzo floor care services.
Tampa airport is another long-standing customer for Sunshine. We have provided the window cleaning and high dusting services for the Hillsborough Aviation Department since 1997. The Charlotte Airport has been a client for 13 years. From 2010 through 2020, Sunshine provided janitorial services for the entire airport. This year, the contracts to handle the ramp cleaning, surface cleaning, and terrazzo floor care have been expanded. In addition to maintenance of the ramp areas and surface contracts, including terrazzo floor care, Sunshine will be starting full janitorial services of Concourse A as well as several remote facilities.
Other airports included on Sunshine’s long list of experience include:
- Palm Beach International Airport
- Columbia Metropolitan Airport (Columbia, SC)
- Piedmont Triad International Airport (Greensboro, NC)
- Wilson Air Center (Charlotte, NC)
- Tampa Executive Airport (formally known as Vandenberg)
Sunshine has been successful in this sector for many reasons, including:
- The company’s long history in cleaning airports
- Outstanding airport managers, backed by competent staffs
- A clear understanding of airport cleaning specifications and the labor required
- A commitment to being responsive and attentive to the customer’s custodial needs